Wednesday, August 8, 2012


A Challenge For Romney

Seems like, not everyone of the "Christian-leaning" population in this country is enamored with the Republican presidential candidate. There are some that are able to read between the lines, and are not afraid to question him on a few things, unlike a certain Fair and Balanced network....
 A group of nuns is not taking his welfare stance very kindly, but have offered him an invitation to experience poverty first hand:

 'If Romney were to accept their invitation, Campbell said she would take him to places like St. Augustine’s in Cleveland, where food programs “provide a hand up” to the community’s neediest members. “He thinks they’re lazy,” Campbell said, in reference to Romney’s misleading welfare reform ad. “It is hard work to keep things together when you’re poor. He doesn’t have a clue. Let him talk to them, and maybe they’ll touch his heart. And his mind too."



I say, Bless You Sister........but that last sentence presents the problem. I truly believe this man has no heart. I also am beginning to wonder if he is putting his mind to good use...probably not since Grover Norquist has already stated that all the Republican Party really needs (and wants) is someone to just sign his name on the line they ask him to.

And speaking of minds:
REPUBLICAN OFFICIAL: PEOPLE WITH OBAMA BUMPER STICKERS ARE ‘MENTALLY RETARDED’ | At an election party last night, Pennsylvania’s Allegheny County GOP Chair, Jim Roddey, brought the crowd to laughter and applause by calling an Obama supporter “mentally retarded.” Roddey, who is a long-time supporter of Mitt Romney,told the joke to a crowd of about 200:  “I was very embarrassed. I was in this parking lot and there was a man looking for a space to park, and I found a space for him. And I felt badly — he looked like he was sort of in distress. And I said, ‘Sir, here’s a place.’ And he said, ‘That’s a handicapped space.’ I said, ‘Oh I’m so sorry, I saw that Obama sticker and I thought you were mentally retarded.’”

This is what today's GOP is appealing to.

 “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.”
~John Kenneth Galbraith

No comments:

Post a Comment