Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pushing Their Lies...or Just Pushing Their Luck ?


A dear friend of mine has a saying that pretty much describes the Team Romney style of campaigning for the highest office in this country: "Dazzle 'em with your bullshit." Of course, I don't think it's just political ploy for these people.....I'm beginning to think it's a way of LIFE.

We don't need no sticking FACTS.
"During a discussion this morning with Laura Ingraham on the subject of Romney’s truthfulness, or lack thereof, they played a clip of Democrats and other liberals accusing Romney of having lied during the debate. Afterward, Steve Doocey sneered, “That’s all they got?”


Who cares if his rapid-fire speech, and oh-so-caring demeanor were nothing but a last ditch effort to appeal human-like for the "undecided" voters....the ones that wait till the last minute to even get interested at all. In the words of Don Henley it goes something like this:

Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here 

I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear.... 

We can do "The Innuendo" 

We can dance and sing 

When it's said and done we haven't told you a thing 
We all know that Crap is King.....


An article in Rasmussen Reports (horrors!) summed the impression I got as I forced myself to watch this performance the other night:
"True, President Obama looked tired, while Romney was brimming with old ideas. But Romney's master-of-the-universe act was not universally admired. It will be turned on him...

Team Romney was understandably bucked up by Obama's failure to punch back. But Obama and his people eventually will. When they do, the master-of-the-universe bit will get taken apart -- and in a masterful way."

I certainly hope so!


No comments:

Post a Comment