Monday, September 21, 2009

RED DIRT


Have you ever felt a connection to a certain place, an almost psychic bond. No, I'm not talking weird here, folks. Just that feeling that maybe you've come home----and it's hundreds, maybe thousands of miles from where you actually live.

For me, it's red dirt. That iron-rich, rusty colored, badly staining clay. Eastern Tennessee is loaded with it. I can't wait to get to that red dirt, green mountains, beautiful lakes, slower pace of life, foggy mountains in the morning, great food, and sociable people, whenever I can. Lots of relatives there, so I've gone there forever. That's where we plan to live in a year or so. We now live in Ohio..............

I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, but I was only there for 2 or 3 years. I went back for a visit a few years ago. I found that I loved the red dirt, green mountains, beautiful water all around, slower pace of life, foggy mountains in the morning, wonderful food, and great people. We now live in Ohio.............but we're moving to Tennessee.

Hmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment