Tuesday, February 19, 2013


Obama Is a Big Ol' Meanie


The White Press Corps is off it's collective rocker. They are pissed because the president wants to have some "private time"...and I don't mean photo ops of chopping wood or clearing brush on his make-believe ranch. Playing golf with Tiger Woods over a weekend, while the REST of Congress is on a 10 day break (There's NOTHING pressing they should be discussing in DC, you see.

"President Barack Obama played a round of golf with Tiger Woods on Sunday, but nobody knew about it until a lone tweet from a golf reporter went live. And now, the White House Press Corps Association has lodged a complaint against the administration, bemoaning the transparency afforded to pool reporters."
http://www.balloon-juice.com/2013/02/19/paper-tiger/

"President says his door is open, but he's spent more time in 2013 with Tiger Woods than with all congressional Republicans," said Doug Heye, a spokesman for House Republican leader Eric Cantor, on Twitter"

They are whining that they don't have access, he won't talk to them, blah, blah, blah. 

"Obama gives frequent interviews (an astonishing 674 in his first term, compared with 217 for President George W. Bush), but ..."

There is also the deep psychological analysis of WHY President Obama is the way he is...there MUST be something wrong that HE is not "reaching across the aisle" to work with the GOPs in Congress. (Mika, does get in a few points below though.)


I don't know about you, but if I presented ideas, tried to be "bipartisan", and got my hand chopped off every time......I'd quit doing it. I realize in the political  arena it is close to impossible....but I must be a lot like the president: I've often said it means more to me to be respected than well liked....and I imagine for the first Black President of the United States it's a tough call.

No comments:

Post a Comment