Monday, July 30, 2012

 “A Conservative Government is an organized hypocrisy."

This quote by Benjamin Disreali seems to capture the whole Republican Party in a nutshell. Or at least the current GOP candidate running for the highest office in our land, Mitt Romney.
As you know Mitt is staying true to the Party line...or at least crossing both sides of it as the occasion occurs. That Romenycare Massachusetts is a toughie for him, though, as the current Right Wing mantra is Repeal and Replace the latest ACA bill at all costs. 

Now this: Romney praises Israel's health system:Romney’s point about Israel’s success in controlling health care costs is spot on: Its health care system has seen health care costs grow much slower than other industrialized nations.
Israel spends less on health care because of a universal health system that requires everyone to have insurance. Every Israeli citizen has the obligation to purchase health care services through one of the country’s four HMOs since government officials approved the National Health Insurance Law in 1995. People pay for 40 percent of their HMO’s costs through income-related contributions collected through the tax system, and the state pays the remaining 60 percent. 

Well, isn't that special? Maybe he SHOULD have kept those meetings private. Then the rest of the US wouldn't see what a phony
he is, in case they haven't seen it already.

Of course, there is the Olympics Opening Ceremony in London:
The British celebrate their national health care system in the London Olympics Opening Ceremony.
The rest of the world makes head way...and we are still banging our heads against the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment