Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I Can't Take It Anymore…...





My husband has banned me from the the family room. The cat has jumped off the couch in fear for her life. If I didn't want to waste a good glass of Pinot Grigio…and lose the only flatscreen TV we all have for a while (gotta get the roof redone first), I came to vent at the computer. You can pretty well guess that I will not be invited to watch the State of the Union address….or the what-is-it-now, 500 Republican responses, rebuttals, points of view, denigrations, and get-my-face-in-front-of-the-cameras to follow (although their speeches have been written for weeks…).

I have had my fill of the likes of Paul Ryan, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell,  and Steve Stockman (and where the hell WAS he for 2 weeks?). I do not watch CNN, FOX, ABC, or NBC, for "dinner time" news reports. Besides, I follow everything on the internet, and throw in BBC and AJE along with several great blogs. (And of course Stewart and Colbert.)

As I watched Scott Pelley on CBS..…yes, I hoped that somewhere a moderate news journalist existed, even though I gave up on 60 Minutes. Then he interviewed (which is polite for acquiescing to his political point of view) Paul Ryan, asking his opinion of Pres. Obama's speech…before Ryan's even heard it. Such BS I cannot comprehend. And Pelley sat right there NOT even asking for clarification or calling out the mistruths. ("You Lie")

"The president seems as if he wants to go around the Constitution" with his threat of Executive Orders says Ryan…….just the same as Boehner and Mcconnell continue to spout. NEVER BEFORE has a president (read BLACK) done this!!

The listing of numbers of executive orders issued during the terms of modern presidents included in one of the examples above also bears no resemblance to reality. This chart compares the claimed number of orders issued by each president on the list with the actual number issued, as documented by The American Presidency Project: 

NameNumber claimed:Actual number:
Theodore Roosevelt31,081
Franklin Roosevelt113,522
Harry Truman5907
Dwight Eisenhower2484
John Kennedy4214
Lyndon Johnson4325
Richard Nixon1346
Gerald Ford3169
Jimmy Carter3320
Ronald Reagan5381
George H.W. Bush3166
Bill Clinton15364
George W. Bush62291
Barack Obama923168


Democrats need to shout it from the roof tops, make sure everybody on the internet knows it, call out journalists when they continue to allow the Right to spread their garbage on the airwaves, make their voices heard, donate, make sure people vote, and stand up for everybody, not just keep their thoughts and beliefs to themselves. Enough of this "well, we are the reasonable, fact based, understanding party. People will eventually see we have their best interests at heart." NO, they will not……not when they are bombarded constantly with BS, Right Wing money, false equivalency, and GOD (well, I made that last one up…).

OK….I'm done now.


No comments:

Post a Comment